Creating Plone Content Types with Dexterity
May 21, 2012 09:00 PM
May 22, 2012 04:00 PM
|Where||Room 125 Smeal Business Building, University Park, PA|
|Contact Name||Steve McMahon|
|Add event to calendar||
- Installing Dexterity for use in Plone 4.x.
- Creating new content types through the web or by schemas in Python.
- Dexterity field types, widgets and behaviors.
- Making add-on products to deploy Dexterity content types.
- Adding custom validators, methods and properties via Python.
- Creating custom views of content.
- Implementing containment and references.
- Custom security and workflow for content types and fields.
- Schemas, models, the roles of the Zope Component Architecture and Grok.
- When Dexterity is practical, and when it's not.
The class will combine lecture and exercises.
Integrators or programmers who wish to develop new content types for Plone.
Good knowledge of the functionality of Plone and its built-in content types. Basic knowledge of Python, HTML and XML. Ability to work in a command-line environment on your platform of choice.