Weblion Interactive Streaming and Recording
WebLion uses high-quality live streaming and recording for our conferences and community events. Users can participate from anywhere in the world over the web in real-time. We record all aspects of the events for publication and future reuse.
- Broadcasts and high quality recordings at a resolution of 1360x768.
- Weblion streams and archives a biweekly Plone Users Group Meeting.
(Actual size is much larger, for good readability: 1360x768.)
We have developed a comprehensive solution that uses all open source software.
Unique advantages of this solution:
- Low cost and streamlined.
- Expands our audience globally.
- Provides an interactive experience between local and remote audiences.
- No software or hardware purchase required.
We’ve systematized the details; from coordination with the venue, to testing, to setup, to live broadcast, to recording.
Our solution allows the audience to:
- actually read the presenter’s computer screen, which can include slides, web pages, live application demos, etc..
- see the presenter’s face and body language
- clearly hear the presenter’s voice
- hear local audience questions
- see and ask remote audience questions as text chat