Dexterity Offers Great New Feature to Plone
Steve McMahon has been working on core Plone development for years and is recognized as one of it lead developers. His FormGen product is widely recognized as one of the finest Plone plug-ins. Join Steve in learning all the basics about Dexterity and how it can save you time in your development efforts.
Creating new content types in Plone is easier than ever. Dexterity, Plone's new content-type development framework, allows you to create content types through-the-web, in add-on products, or even to move back and forth between the two. Dexterity will be built into Plone 4.3+, but is ready to use now in Plone 4 (or 3.3.5). The course will focus on practical use of Dexterity, with just enough theory and history to help students understand how Dexterity fits into Plone.
- Installing Dexterity for use in Plone 3.3.5 or 4.x.
- Creating new content types through the web or by schemas in Python.
- Dexterity field types, widgets and behaviors.
- Making add-on products to deploy Dexterity content types.
- Adding custom validators, methods and properties via Python.
- Creating custom views of content.
- Implementing containment and references.
- Custom security and workflow for content types and fields.
- Schemas, models, the roles of the Zope Component Architecture and Grok.
- When Dexterity is practical, and when it's not.
The class will combine lecture and exercises.
Integrators or programmers who wish to develop new content types for Plone.
Good knowledge of the functionality of Plone and its built-in content types. Basic knowledge of Python, HTML and XML. Ability to work in a command-line environment on your platform of choice.
Check out the other Training Workshops that are available at Plone Symposium East 2012:
Getting Off the Ground with Plone - Cris Ewing - May 20, 21
Managing Agile Plone Projects - Sally Kleinfeldt - May 21
Python Fundamentals - Chris Calloway - May 19, 20, 21
Theming Plone 4 - Chrissy WainWright - May 20, 21
Register for PSE12 too!
Join us in this pre-Symposium workshop and while you are registering for this exceptional training offering, why not register for the Plone Symposium East 2012 too!